The Parish Covenant of St. Joseph’s Episcopal Church
We at St. Joseph’s are a community that strives to live out Jesus’ Great Commandment of loving God with our whole heart, mind, and strength and loving our neighbor as ourselves. Therefore, we commit to living in covenant with God and one another through the following aspects:
- We will, with God’s help, be the Church, which is primarily centered upon God’s love, forgiveness, and acceptance through Jesus Christ.
- We will, with God’s help, offer God-exalted worship, through a variety of thought-provoking liturgies, music, and symbols which deepen our experience with the living God.
- We will, with God's help, receive the inward and spiritual grace that comes with the partaking in the outward and visible signs of the sacraments.
- We will, with God’s help, come together to explore and expand our knowledge of scripture in order to grow and deepen our living/loving relationships with God and one another.
- We will, with God’s help, pray; acknowledging that in prayer God hears, challenges, and blesses us, which contributes to a healthy, vibrant, and successful parish.
- We will, with God’s help, seek the empowering presence of God, through the Holy Spirit, which provides us with the strength and courage to exercise our gifts in ministry and share our talents.
- We will, with God’s help, be wise and generous stewards, for not only our church family, but the community at large.
- We will, with God’s help, encourage one another to be God’s example of love, compassion, and selflessness to those we meet in our community and the world.
May the peace of God, the love of Christ, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with us and work through us, as we strive to live into this covenant.